By TOM LEA
MADISON - Here's a quick look at how I voted in this week's Big Ten power poll.
1. Ohio State - - Getting a win on the road against a pretty good Michigan State team sold me on the Buckeyes.
2. Northwestern - - Undefeated and dynamic offensively. The Wildcats will raise some noise in the Big Ten this season.
3. Michigan State - - I still like the Spartans defense. As the season wears on I think the offense will continue to improve.
4. Nebraska - - The come-from-behind win over Wisconsin showed me that Taylor Martinez is capable as a quarterback.
5. Michigan - - The bye week forced me to keep Michigan where I had it last week.
6. Purdue - - The 41 points allowed to Marshall is somewhat daunting. We'll know more about the Boilermakers following this weekend.
7. Wisconsin - - You simply cannot blow two 17-point leads on the road. Have to find a way to salt that game away.
8. Penn State - - Three straight wins for Penn State. This team isn't too far away from being 5-0.
9. Iowa - - I'm not sure if Iowa woke up following its slow start or if Minnesota is just not that good.
10. Minnesota - - Look at No. 9.
11. Indiana - - I liked the resiliency against Northwestern. I don't think IU wins a lot of games this year, but it will be a pesky opponent.
12. Illinois - - A 35-7 loss to Penn State at home doesn't look good.
Return to: Wisconsin Badgers Blog